Season's Greetings from The Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association
Dear Members and Friends of the Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association,
The ANPA Board of Directors wishes you a very Happy Holiday Season and a Happy and Prosperous New Year in 2016!
We appreciate your membership and your committment to our profession and to ANPA. We owe the successes of 2015 to our members, gracious donors, supporters, and friends. Thank you!
As we enter into our second year as an association, we wanted to review some of our activities, accomplishments, and our ongoing work:
- Bylaws and incorporation in October 2014
- Membership opened January 2015
- Grassroots communication and educational support for 2015 legislative session
- May, 2015 - 100 Charter members. See list here: https://anpassociation.enpnetwork.com/page/19931-charter-members-list
- Donor program initiated: see ANPA donors here: https://anpassociation.enpnetwork.com/page/19361-recognized-donors
- August 15th, 2015 - our first CE opportunity and meeting
- November, 2015 - our first "elected" Board of Directors was installed into office
- Facebook reach over 6,000
- Ongoing community education on Facebook
- Nearly 200 current Members" and 200 additional "Followers"
- The first call for abstracts opened in August for the 1st Annual Conference in April, 2016
- Education Committee embarks on continuing education planning
- Continuing website development and resources
- Member resources and guidelines underway
- April 15th and 16th First Annual Conference "Nurse Practitioners - the Natural Choice" planning is well underway
- Strategic planning continues: district support, member benefits (coming soon), identifying and providing for continuing education needs, building community, sustaining growth, and supporting efforts to remove barriers to NP practice.
Registration is open for the ANPA 1st Annual Conference, April 15th-16th - "Nurse Practitioners - the Natural Choice" in Little Rock at the Embassy Suites. Featured speakers are Cindy Cooke, current President of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and Barb Bancroft, nationally recognized speaker and educator. Information is here: https://anpassociation.enpnetwork.com/nurse-practitioner-events/59891-anpa-1st-annual-conference. Register early to receive the Early Bird Discount and to reserve your room at a discounted rate.
ANPA has a bold vision for what ANPA can share with our membership and to the NP community. We look forward to your continued support. Because of our members and supporters, we are growing our community of nurse practitioners and promoting NPs as stakeholders in the evolution of Arkansas healthcare.
Thank You and Best Wishes!
The ANPA Board