Continuing Education: Updates to the Nurse Practice Act/Rules, Professional Boundaries, and Drug-Seeking Behaviors
REGISTER NOW FOR AUGUST 6, 2016 SUMMER MEETING
EMBASSY SUITES, LITTLE ROCK, AR
8 AM TO 3:50 PM
Did you know that effective January 1, 2017, APRNs with prescriptive authority must complete five (5) contact hours of pharmacotherapeutics continuing education in the APRN's area of certification each biennium prior to license renewal?
Did you know that two (2) of the five (5) hours must contain information related to maintaining professional boundaries AND the prescribing rules, regulations, and laws that apply to APRNs in the State of Arkansas?
The Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association presents this 1-day conference on August 6th that will meet this requirement for Arkansas NPs. (Ch. 4 Rules, Section III, F. 7).
Sophia L. Thomas, MN, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Past AANP Region 6 Director
"Health Policy in 2016"
Dr. Jean McSweeney, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN
"Assessing Risk Factors and CHD Symptoms in Women"
Jill Hasley, MNSc, APRN
ASBN Program Coordinator for APRN Practice
"Updates to the Nurse Practice Act/Rules, Professional Boundaries, and Drug-Seeking Behaviors"
ASBN representative, Jill Hasley, will provide content to meet the new CE requirement for license renewal, CE hours should also apply toward certification renewal requirements. Topics to be covered include:
• Information on the new/updated laws that pertain to APRN practice and prescribing
• Process for ASBN notification of illegal/unethical nurse behaviors
• Maintaining professional boundaries
• How to recognize drug-seeking behaviors and how to handle the situation
• Discussion of commonly abused prescription drug combinations
• Utilization of the PMP reports
• Recognition of red flags that nurses and employers should monitor for regarding drug-seeking behaviors (and how to handle them).
Online registration is open now! Registration fee includes conference materials, refreshments, and lunch buffet in the atrium.
The conference AGENDA is available online or as a printable PDF.
The conference will be held at the Embassy Suites West Little Rock, AR. The Embassy Suites hotel and
conference center is a beautiful hotel located in West Little Rock, just off the intersection of I-430 and I-
630. Conveniently located near numerous restaurants, shops, business districts and hospitals, the hotel is just 9 miles west of downtown Little Rock and 15 miles from the airport.
CONTINUING EDUCATION ACCREDITATION:
This education activity has been submitted to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners for approval of up to 5 contact hours of accredited education.