Abstracts are now being accepted for poster and podium presentations for 2nd Annual ANPA Conference
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2nd Annual Nurse Practitioner Association Conference
"Nurse Practitioners – The Natural Choice"
Little Rock Marriott, Little Rock, Arkansas
March 17 & 18, 2017
We enthusiastically invite you to submit an abstract to share your expertise and knowledge with fellow nurse practitioners at our second annual Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association conference! This invitation is for 60-minute concurrent sessions. The abstract categories for presentation at this conference include: primary care, acute care, pediatric, women's health, mental health, and practice issues. Final selections will be based on the quality and clarity of the abstract and relevance to the contemporary nurse practitioner environment.
Abstracts must be received electronically by 5:00 PM on Friday, October 14, 2016. Submissions should be emailed to: Education@anpassociation.org. All submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail within 5 working days of receipt.
• Brief updates regarding clinical innovations and practice issues relevant to NPs (to allow coverage within a 60-minute session)
• Information should be applicable to NP practice environments
• Completed research/quality improvement projects may be submitted for poster presentations
• Title of presentation: Centered, all upper case letters at top of page. Title may not exceed a single line.
• Authors: For 1 or 2 authors, center name(s), organization(s), title(s), city and state below the abstract title. For 3 or more authors use 2 columns.
• Please specify if submitting for podium or poster. Indicate one of the following categories for your presentation: primary care, acute care, pediatrics, mental health, or practice issues.
• Body: Length of the abstract is limited to a single 8×11 portrait sheet (approximately 300 words) in 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font. Include: purpose, review of literature, implications for NPs, summary of innovation of practice. For completed research/quality improvement projects include methods and results.
• Funding source: If presentation has been funded in full or part by a grant, list the funding agency at the end of the abstract.
• References are not required for the abstract submission process.
• File format: Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) format
• Abstracts that do not adhere to format will not be considered for selection.
The Education Committee will meet to finalize selection and schedule of presentations based upon criteria for abstract selection.
Notification of acceptance will be communicated via e-mail no later than five weeks following the submission deadline. Notification will be sent to the primary author of record only. It is the responsibility of the primary author to communicate with other presenters regarding the scheduled presentation.
Once notified of acceptance, presenters will complete accreditation paperwork, to be returned to education committee no later than 2 weeks following notification of acceptance.
Presentations will be for 60 minutes, to include time for questions and answers.
Posters should not exceed 72" x 36". Posters will be on display March 17, with presenters being at their poster at designated times.
Questions regarding abstract submissions?
Contact: Carolin Hockersmith, MNSc, APRN, FPN-c, Education Committee Chair at Education@anpassociation.org.