Preparing for Nurses Day at the Capitol
This announcement has 5 attachments:
NURSES DAY AT THE CAPITOL
Thursday, February 23, 2017, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
The Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association is proud to be a co-sponsor of Nurses Day at the Capitol, which will be taking place on Thursday, February 23rd, 2017, from 8:30 am – 2:00 pm. Please make it a point to come and be a part of this wonderful event at the Arkansas State Capitol in Little Rock.
We have included some documents and information as attachments to this message to help you make the most of this annual event:
- “Nurses Day at the Capitol” Agenda
- Map of the Capitol to assist you with parking
- A “How to Find Your Arkansas Legislator” guide for identifying your state legislators
- Talking Points for the issues underlying the APRN bills
- A YES-NO table for voting
If you aren't sure who your own state representatives and senators are, now is the time to find out. Make it a point to stop by the “One Nurse for Every Legislator” table and we can help you with information and assistance in communicating effectively with your legislators.
Consider calling them ahead to let them know you will be there on Nurses' Day and would like to say hello. They do like to see their constituents!
Many of you will want to go to House Public Health Welfare, and Labor Committee which meets at 10:00 in room 130. However, it could be "standing room only" so you are also welcome to check out what is going on in the other committees if you would like to. Use the following link to the list of meetings, click on the "agenda" next to that, and you can see what bills are on the agenda for that day.
- Parking is not easy around the Capitol, so carpool with a friend (or several friends!) if you can.
- Lunch will be available in the basement and our time is 11:30 to 12:30. Lunch is on our own.
- Please plan to come to the Old Supreme Court room at 1:00 for a briefing by our legislative team.
- At 1:30 the House of Representatives goes into session. This is also an excellent time to talk with legislators, as you can send a note to them (via a legislative page) and ask if they can come out for a few minutes.
For any questions, contact email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Arkansas-Nurse-Practitioner-Association-177076869145677/
Your friends at the Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association
in collaboration with the Arkansas Nurses Association, The Arkansas Nursing Policy Roundtable, and Arkansas for Nurses.