2019 ANPA Spring Conference Call for Abstracts
4th Annual Spring Conference
Statehouse Convention Center, Little Rock, Arkansas
April 12 - 13, 2019
We enthusiastically invite you to submit an abstract to share your expertise and knowledge with fellow nurse practitioners at our 4th Annual Spring Conference! This invitation is for 60-minute concurrent podium sessions or poster sessions. The abstract categories for presentation at this conference include: primary care, acute care, pediatric, women’s health, mental health, and practice issues. Final selections will be based on the quality and clarity of the abstract and relevance to the contemporary nurse practitioner environment.
Abstracts must be received electronically by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 16, 2018.
Submit abstracts through the link: CLICK HERE.
If you are unable to follow the link please cut and paste this link: https://goo.gl/forms/RqqxaBrowlgJz9Mz1.
All submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail within 5 working days of receipt.
- Brief updates regarding clinical innovations and practice issues relevant to NP’s (allow coverage within a 60-minute session).
- Pharmacology, pediatric, acute care, and older adult content is encouraged.
- Information should be applicable to NP practice environments.
- Completed research/quality improvement projects may be submitted.
- Title of presentation: Title may not exceed 15 words.
- Authors: Provide name, e-mail, phone contact, and organizational affiliation for first author. Include name(s) of additional authors/presenters.
- Please specify if submitting for podium or poster.
- Indicate one of the following categories for your presentation: primary care, acute care, pediatrics, mental health, older adult, practice issues, or other.
- Body: Length of the abstract is limited to 300 words in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font. Include: purpose, review of literature, implications for NPs, summary of innovation of practice. For completed research/quality improvement projects include methods and results.
- Teaching method, i.e. lecture, demonstration, discussion panel.
- Include up to three (3) objectives for the presentation. For pharmacology content, indicate objective with (Rx) and specify time in minutes covering pharmacology.
- Indicate whether you will be available to present April 12, 2019, April 13, 2019, or both.
- Funding source: If presentation has been funded in full or part by a grant, list the funding agency at the end of the abstract.
- References are not required for the abstract submission process.
- Abstracts that do not adhere to format will not be considered for selection.
The Education Committee will meet to finalize selection and schedule of presentations based upon criteria for abstract selection.
Notification of acceptance will be communicated via e-mail no later than five weeks following the submission deadline.
Notification will be sent to the primary author of record only.
It is the responsibility of the primary author to communicate with other presenters regarding the scheduled presentation.
Presentations will be for 60 minutes, to include time for questions and answers.
$50 registration discount to the conference will be given to the primary author.
Posters should not exceed 72” x 36”.
Posters will be on display April 12.
Presenters must be present at their poster at designated times.
$25 registration discount to the conference will be given to the primary author.
Questions regarding abstract submissions
Contact: Leonie DeClerk, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
Education Committee Chair